Mission Africa Inc. is a 21st Century Global Humanitarian and Missions Work founded by Dr. Kodjoe Sumney and Dr. Akosuah Salome Sumney. It is a non-profit organization which develops global partners to offer humanitarian assistance to the needy of Africa and the United States with a branch in Ghana. In nineteen years the organization has brought over one thousand (1000) people from the United States of America consisting of all backgrounds; African Americans, Caucasians, Mexicans, American Indians and many nationalities to Ghana to assist in various projects. The Sumneys are philanthropists and have organized to build schools in remote areas in Ghana. Each year, the number keeps growing.
Practical work and achievements of Mission Africa Inc. since 2000 include
1. Over one thousand Americans have traveled with Drs. Kodjoe and Akosuah Sumney from United States of America to Africa and many times to Ghana.
2. Computer education for over two thousand unemployed graduates through the Mission Africa Institute of Technology
3. Classrooms for school children in remote villages in Ghana at Akwamu Anyaase, Gyakiti and Ganyo.
4. Building of the Returned Christian City Vineyard project, Return City homes project for the Diaspora to return to Ghana.
5. Mission Africa collaborates with Parliament of Ghana (Parliamentary Christian Fellowship) for the National Prayer Conferences ‘’PRAYING AND EMPOWERING THE NATIONS” ‘’BEZALEL” Spirit of Inventions Prayer Conference -Praying for scientific inventions, job Creation, Ability, Skill- all manner of workmanship, artistic designing & Development for sustainability.
6. Training of Leadership; Polictics and Governance, Music and Pastoral training and conferences.
Village missions and projects
HIV/AIDS & Malaria preventive seminars
Foreign Missions Conferences and Seminars
Distribution of school materials and Nutrition and food
New clothes & over the counter medicine to remote villages.
Mission Africa’s ‘’Homecoming Conference” is to motivate Successful Africans and African Americans to come home to assist in the development of Africa.
Mission Africa is a Christian Non-Profit Organization based in California, USA and Accra Ghana. The Organization is made up of concerned: Friends of Africa all Nationalities, Africans, and African Americans and successful African professionals abroad & home whose primary focus is to pray and intercede for peace, stability, and sustainable economic development of Africa.
Mission Africa team USA together with other local Churches have collaborated with the Parliament of Ghana in National Prayer Conferences for the past Sixteen years. Each year, over three thousand concerned people cry onto the Lord on various topics for the homecoming of the Diaspora, our nation and the Continent.
Some of the speakers have included Speakers of Parliament, Senators, Ministers of States, Parliament Choir, Kings and Queens, Pastors and Church leaders, and business people.